Electric Dog Fence | Electronic Fencing & Collars
PAC Dog Fence Extra Large (Excluding Wire)
This kit is supplied without wire for customers that already have wire fitted around their property, for shipping outside UK & Ireland or for large areas they can buy wire in bulk from a local electrical wholesaler spec. for wire is as follows
Less than 700 metres
Use reels of 0.75 mm 2 gauge multi strand, single core, flexible PVC cable HO5VK BS2491X
Over 700 metres - 1500 metres
Use reels of 1.5 or 2.5 mm2 gauge multi strand, single core, flexible PVC cable HO7VK BS2491X
Includes an extra-large collar unit suitable for extra-large or stubborn/headstrong dogs, long and short haired breeds (strap is 25mm wide, length can be adjusted up to 650 mm)
The PAC Pet Fence system is the ideal, low-cost, invisible way to contain your pet safely, automatically and humanely within a designated area of your garden or estate. This containment system is mostly invisible and avoids the need for an ugly and obstructive boundary fence.
Since it provides constant, 24/7 surveillance, you do not have to be around keeping watch at all times.
Any number of Dogs/Cats, each wearing a suitable collar, may be contained within the bounds that you have set, which might well include areas which you deem to be “no-go” areas, such as flower-beds, children’s play areas and swimming pools.
The collar works when the dog nears the boundary wire. Compared to an agricultural electric fence the dog fence has other major advantages: it is safe for children to touch and where the dog can view the wire of an agricultural electric fence and work out whether to jump it or crawl under, he can’t get near the boundary of the dog fence to escape, so driveway gates can be safely left open.
There are no restrictions in the shape of the area to be enclosed, which may range from ¼ acre (or less) up to 20+ acres (over 6 acres you would need a boosted FC4 unit and heavier gauge wire)
Why is the PAC Fence better than the rest?
- The PAC system is tried and trusted and has been on the market since 1989.
- This PAC Fence kit includes everything needed for one dog but just by buying extra collars any number of dogs/cats each wearing a PAC collar can be contained on the system
- All PAC collars have rechargeable batteries, thereby eliminating the frequent purchase of replacement batteries. The collar is chargeable through the probes, retaining full integrity in dampness and against water ingress. Initially collar needs to be charged every 2 -3 weeks but once the dog is used to the system only needs to be charged every 1 – 3 months depending on usage. As a result, running costs are negligible.
- System is designed for easy, DIY installation.
- Our wire can be left over ground, buried, fed through hose pipe, tacked to an existing fence or through a hedge etc.
- The control unit has provision for 2 x 9V batteries to enable an automatic UPS –uninterrupted power supply) facility-up to 8 hours of standby boundary protection-in the event of mains failure. This intelligent feature is fully stabilised to maintain zone size, irrespective of power source.
- Very safe wire voltage (12v), either powered using the supplied mains adaptor, or, in areas where mains is not available or of inferior quality, by using a car or lorry battery.
- PAC Fence has the highest top end energy transfer to cater for the most determined escape artist. The energy transfer is consistent in all conditions wet, dry or snow. Other systems on the market can be ineffective in wet or snowy weather.
- PACs collar is fully waterproof and will withstand wet, muddy conditions as well as falling into a pond, pool or stream.
- Levels of stimulus are self-imposed by the dog (i.e. levels increase from a beep to a beep with low-medium then high dependent on time in the active zone and proximity to the wire) so no need to manually change levels etc.
- Speed detector prevents fast run through, so if dog runs at the wire collar will go straight to maximum level.
- Control unit will alarm if there is a break in the wire.
- Digital signal processing gives immunity from outside radio interference.
- In built lightning protection protects against 95% of local, adjacent lightning strikes.
- If family or friends have the PACDOG system , your collar will automatically work on their system, no extra set up, handy for Pet Sitting